Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Don't Know Why I Feel Comfortable Here


Pause, stranger, when you pass me by,
For as you are, so once was I.
As I am now, so will you be.
Then prepare unto death, and follow me.

My favorite psalm- "So teach us to number our days so that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." 90-12.

I like being in a cemetery. It calms me. It reminds me of how-important-is-it-really? It reassures me. It's, in a word that perhaps others do no not understand- wonderful. I am unafraid. I can go to any cemetery even in the dark.
As I've stated in my profile, I am an entrepreneur and own several companies. While visiting with some of my business associates, "Ellen" told me, "Oh yes. Heavens. We lived above a funeral home. That's how I grew up. The funeral home was downstairs and we lived upstairs- you couldn't flush the toliet when the funeral was going on!"
I had no idea. I want to talk to her more about her experiences- but then the talk turned back to business and her childhood was long forgotten. As I listened to her- all I could think about was that toliet she was forbidden to flush. I wanted to know MORE. And then what? What else?

No comments:

Post a Comment